Author Notes: When I don't have much time to spend in kitchen or run out of food stock in my fridge, I will certainly cook this omelette. I was always laughing up my sleeve when everyone of my family praised my hardworking and time-consuming efforts for making the omelette. In fact, for me, it is a simple, quick and thumb-up dish indeed. —Wei Lei
finely chopped spring onion
grams finely diced Pepperoni
tablespoons all-purpose flour
teaspoon Teaspoon salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
- Add the salt and the vegetables in a bowl, toss them well and leave for 5 minutes. Keep the vegetable juice in the bowl.
- Separate egg Yolk and white. Put the egg white into another bowl. Add the yolk to the vegetables.
- Mix flour, black pepper, pepperoni with the vegetables in one direction.
- Whisk the egg white into foam.
- Add the foam into the mixed vegetable and blend them together.
- Heat a medium size pan on a low heat. Add a small knob of butter. When the butter is melted, tilt the pan in all directions so that the base and sides get coated with oil.
- Scoop the egg mixture into the pan, using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly and leave it on the heat without moving it for 2-3 minutes.
- After this time, ease around the edge of the omelette. When the underside starts to turn golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side for the same duration.
- Slide the omelette on to a plate. Cut it into slices and serve them hot.