If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I don't have much time to spend in kitchen or run out of food stock in my fridge, I will certainly cook this omelette. I was always laughing up my sleeve when everyone of my family praised my hardworking and time-consuming efforts for making the omelette. In fact, for me, it is a simple, quick and thumb-up dish indeed. —Wei Lei
- 3-4 large eggs
- 1/2 finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 Julienned carrot
- 25 grams finely diced Pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Add the salt and the vegetables in a bowl, toss them well and leave for 5 minutes. Keep the vegetable juice in the bowl.
- Separate egg Yolk and white. Put the egg white into another bowl. Add the yolk to the vegetables.
- Mix flour, black pepper, pepperoni with the vegetables in one direction.
- Whisk the egg white into foam.
- Add the foam into the mixed vegetable and blend them together.
- Heat a medium size pan on a low heat. Add a small knob of butter. When the butter is melted, tilt the pan in all directions so that the base and sides get coated with oil.
- Scoop the egg mixture into the pan, using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly and leave it on the heat without moving it for 2-3 minutes.
- After this time, ease around the edge of the omelette. When the underside starts to turn golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side for the same duration.
- Slide the omelette on to a plate. Cut it into slices and serve them hot.