If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty, earthy, fresh tomato and coconut soup. —Nancy Phillips
Makes 3-4 servings
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoe paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 4 pieces smoked bacon, sliced 1/4" bits
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry bacon pieces. Not too crisp. Add onion, garlic, coconut and fresh tomato.. Saute.
- Blend in tomato paste.
- Add chicken stock. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add milk. salt and pepper to taste. Heat till desired temperature. Do not let it boil.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top each with coconut flakes..