If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little ground chicken, coconut and spice make a terrific meatball! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 35 to 40 cocktail meatballs
For the meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken (combination of white and dark meat)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons spicy chili garlic sauce (or sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, cover and chill for about 3 hours.
For the sauce and putting it all together
- One 13 to 14 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- The previously made meatball mixture.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk the coconut milk, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce and salt. Heat to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- After chilling the meatball mixture, lightly oil a large baking sheet. Form little one inch meatballs with your hands and place them on the sheet. ( I find using wet hands makes for an easier roll )
- Pre heat your oven to 350F and then bake the meatballs for 15 minutes. Serve warm with the sauce and garnished with the green onion. You can either plate the meatballs over a little sauce or surround a bowl of sauce with the meatballs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut