If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love coconut. When I was little, the first time I had a frozen dessert flavored with coconut, I was in Puerto Rico where my father was working at the time. This is a recipe that is super easy and reminds me of that first time I realized how much I love coconut. NB: I picked up two tips that come from awesome chefs- one is to use sweetened condensed milk for smoothness, (Nigella Lawson) and the other is to add alcohol to prevent the mixture from freezing beyond the point of scooping. (David Leibovitz.) Enjoy! —navahfrost
Makes for a party: 2 quarts
- 15 ounces cream of coconut (Coco Lopez, 1 can)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix all the ingredients together either in the blender or by hand. Freeze until just the right scooping texture- a few hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts