If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This raw spicy seed mix is an easy recipe – it just takes a little time. These kinds of snacks are handy to have on hand when you are busy, rushed or didn’t get a chance to eat properly, are over hungry or need a little snack. This is one of the raw vegan recipes that are easy to make unless you use the oven then it may not be raw. When buying nuts or seeds always make sure that they say ‘raw’ otherwise they will not be and most of the nutrition is not there any longer. - See more at: http://www.jodiburke.com/healthy-eating/spicy-seed-mix/#sthash.12I0tCq5.dpuf —jodiburke
Serves 1 small bowl
- 11/2 cups raw Pumpkin seeds soaked (soak for 8-10 hrs for best results)
- 1 cup raw Sunflower seeds (soak for same amount of time)
- juice of 2 Limes
- ¾ tsp Himalaya Salt (adjust amount according to taste – if you like salty add a little more and vise versa)
- 1-2 Jalapenos (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Once the nuts are done soaking, drain well. Throw the rest of the ingredients in a processor or Vitamix and blend well. Mix drained, soaked nuts and ingredients together well, then spread on dehydrator sheet and let dehydrate overnight (approx 8 hours) or put in oven at the lowest temp if you don’t have a dehydrator – it may not stay raw but better than nothing.