If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Madakku San the local name of this Kerala crepes with coconut filling is a an all day dish . It is perfect for breakfast , or as an evening snack or as a dessert after a meal or jus when you crave for something tropical or "coconutty". It is a very simple dish that even kids can try out . —Chinnu Susan Kurian
Makes 15 small crepes
For making the crepes
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
For the coconut filling
- 3 cups Grated coconut
- 4.5 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 pinches Cardamom powder (optional)
- First take a bowl and lightly beat the egg with a hand whisk or a fork. Add flour , milk , water and salt to the egg and mix well . The batter should be lose . Add more water if you require .
- Now take a small frying pan (8"dia approx) and smear some butter on it . Pour a small ladle of batter to the outer edge of pan and swirl the pan once so that the batter covers the entire pan . Once the crepe starts getting brown spots on the lower side flip it . Cook this side also for another minute or so till you get small light brown spots . Take it out of the pan and keep warm . Follow the same procedure for the rest of the batter .
- For the filling, mix coconut, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl . Take around 1.5 tablespoon of the filling and spread it onto one edge of the crepe . Roll the crepe . Serve hot
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut