If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can’t get enough of coconut. Or of summer. Winter will get here when it gets here. So for the moment, I can sit in the shade of a tree and pretend that the warm (all right, hot) breeze I’m feeling blows from gentle, island-cooling trade winds.
FOR THE CRUST
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 lime wedges
FOR THE COOLER
6 ounces silver tequilla
4 ounces Rose’s Lime Juice
4 ounces coconut liqueur
6 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- First prepare the crust for the rim. Place the coconut, lime zest, chipotle powder, salt, and sugar into a mini chop or blender. Pulse until the coconut has been reduced to about the same size as the sugar and salt crystals. Pour the mixture out into a saucer or shallow bowl broad enough to accommodate the diameter of the glasses’ rims.
- Rub the rims of 2 margarita glasses with lime wedges. Turn each glass upside down and twist them in the coconut mixture. Turn them right side up.
- Shake the can of coconut milk to blend its contents, which tend to separate. Measure all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice cubes. Shake vigorously. Divide between the two glasses. Make a slit in the center of two lime wedges, and rest them on the rims.
- Store any unused crust mixture in a ziplock bag for the next time you crave a return to Fantasy Island.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut