If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a bright and flavorful pasta dish perfect for summertime picnics and barbeques. Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, this pasta can definitely be made the day before. —sweetisthespice
Caprese Orzo with Greens and Olives
- 1-1/2 cups orzo pasta cooked al dente
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 handfuls arugula or wild rocket
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 8 ounces pearl mozzerella
- 1/2 cup Basil and Red Wine Vinaigrette dressing
- Begin by boiling salted water in a large pot.
- Cook orzo using the cooking instructions on package.
- In a large bowl combine hot orzo with spinach and arugula mixing until greens begin to wilt slightly.
- Add in a splash of vinaigrette to keep orzo from sticking.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and add in the rest of the vinaigrette being sure to distribute dressing evenly.
- Serve immediately warm, or refrigerate for several hours until chilled and serve cold.
Basil and Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil in a tube
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Herbal Fusiom from Sweet Is The Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients together and shake in a shaker glass or whisk in a bowl.
- ***Useful Tip***
- Make a double batch of vinaigrette and reserve half for a fresh salad or drizzle over fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil. Also makes a lovely marinade for chicken or fish.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes