If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Frittatas are easy and you will make enough so that some are stored in the freezer and ready to be nuked for a quick and good breakfast. —Jack Kelly
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 fresh red pepper chopped
- 2 poblano peppers chopped
- 1/2 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 8 oz. jar Shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus or any other green veggie you want
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro or parsley
- Heat oven to 350F. Mist 2 muffin pans (12 cups each) with cooking spray. Cook the bacon until it is as crispy as you want it. Break it up into about 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. In a large skillet at medium high heat add the oil and let it heat up. Add the onions, peppers, mushrooms and asparagus. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Stir them together and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk and basil until it is all mixed up real good. Stir in the the bacon, cheese and all the rest of the veggies.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are firm. Not like a rock and not like mushy. Just firm.
- Of course you are going to have to have one or two as soon as they've cooled off enough to handle. If there are any left put them in a zippy bag and in the freezer.
- Then when your in your morning mode and in a rush to get going put 1 or 2 in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and nosh on it as you leave to face your day.