If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
preserved grape leaves
ounces sirloin steak, thinly sliced
tablespoons soya sauce
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon cumin, ground
teaspoons 2 tsp garlic, grated
black pepper, freshly ground
- Partially freeze the steak for easier slicing, about 40-50 minutes. When sliced add all ingredients except grape leaves and let marinate for 1-2 hour.
- Separate the preserved grapes leaves and put in a large bowl, pour the hot water over the leaves and let soak for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- To stuff the grape leaves, place it on a flat surface, shiny side down, dry with a paper towel and place about 4-5 slices of beef in the centre of the leaf, fold the stem end over the filling, fold the sides in towards the centre and the roll. Repeat and set aside.
- Grill or pan fry them, couple minutes on each side. Serve with lemon or lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe