Author Notes: Because sometimes the simplest dinners are the most delicious and satisfying. —Jenn Whaley Hillier
cup panko crumbs
teaspoon freshly minced garlic
tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
eggs (depending on if each person wants one or two eggs)
kosher salt & pepper
extra virgin olive oil
In This Recipe
- In small glass bowl, toss together panko crumbs, garlic and a drizzle of olive
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add panko mixture to toast. Keep an eye on panko mixture, stirring occasionally with rubber spatula, until panko mixture is toasted lightly. Remove from heat and pour into glass bowl.
- Once cooled slightly, toss with parsley and parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat
- Tossed asparagus in a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill on grill pan.
- While asparagus is grilling, heat 2 Tbl. olive oil in medium/large non-stick skillet.
- Once hot, break one egg into large skillet. Let settle and start cooking. On opposite end, break 2nd egg. Allow to cook and bubble.
- When mostly cooked, sprinkle with a small bit of kosher salt.
- Once asparagus are done cooking, plate on serving plate. Sprinkle with panko parsley parmesan mixture. Top with an egg over easy. Season with freshly grated pepper.
- Serve hot & enjoy