If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This makes a perfect appetizer, certainly works for dinner and tastes like sun-kissed summer goodness anytime you choose to make it. The ingredients are simple; this is definitely an example of the sum being greater than its parts. —Penelope Rose
Serves 6 - 8
Baguette, Garlic Clove, Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Lemon Juice, Basil, Salt and Pepper
- 1 Crusty Baugette, Sliced
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup basil leaves cut into ribbons + more to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Zucchini, Olive Oil, Shallot, Yellow or Orange Cherry Tomatoes, Salt and Pepper
- 4 - 5 cups zucchini, diced (about 2 large)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup yellow or orange cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 475 F degrees.
- Start by dicing your zucchini (or summer squash).
- You’ll want to toss the zucchini on a baking sheet with a small drizzle of olive oil and a few grinds of fresh sea salt and pepper. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes, so edges start to get brown and a little crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, lemon juice and basil ribbons together with sea salt and pepper to your preference.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes so they are similar in size to the zucchini, and put in a bowl. Finely dice the shallots and add to the tomatoes.
- If you have a toaster oven, you can slice your baguette about 1/2 inch thick and toast it in there. If not, wait until the zucchini is done and lower the oven to 300 F.
- Set the zucchini aside to cool and place your baguette slices on the pan. Let them toast for a few minutes, until the top is just starting to get slightly crispy to the touch. Remove from the oven.
- Peel your clove of garlic and cut in half.
- As soon as you are able to handle the baguette slices, rub an open side of the garlic on the bread. You should smell the delicious aroma as you do this!
- Spread the lemon-basil ricotta on each slice, and top with bruschetta, gently pressing down so the bruschetta holds in place. Serve on a platter and garnish with additional basil ribbons.