If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Couscous is a simple and very nutritious dish to prepare. And toasting the almonds adds a tremendous amount of flavor, so don't be tempted to skip it!
Cooking tip: Toasting the almonds adds a tremendous amount of flavor, so don't be tempted to skip it. Simply put the almonds in a 350 degree F oven when the couscous is resting for 5 minutes. By the time the couscous is ready, your almonds will be toasted. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/almond-couscous —Healthline
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup uncooked plain couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine stock, turmeric and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous and cranberries, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add almonds and fluff mixture with a fork to combine. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe