If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is super easy, and it's pure bliss. Each time I make it I feel like I'm in a fancy-pants cafe, except that I'm still in my pyjamas and my hair looks like a bird's nest. —Eat This My Friend | Jade O'Donahoo
cup natural, full fat yoghurt
small garlic glove, crushed
teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
big pinch of salt (to taste)
teaspoon sweet paprika
baby mint leaves (optional)
- Melt butter over gentle heat until foamy, stir in paprika and turn off heat.
- Make yoghurt sauce by combining yoghurt with salt, garlic and lemon zest.
- Gently fry 2 eggs in a splash of olive oil, until done to your liking. I like my yolks slightly runny.
- Warm your pita briefly in a pan, dollop yoghurt sauce in the centre of the pita and smooth with the back of the spoon. Lay the 2 eggs over the sauce and drizzle on paprika butter. Sprinkle on some little mint leaves (if using).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe