If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Frozen banana and decadent almond butter meet kale and pear for a breakfast bonanza! This recipe is enough for 5 bags to keep in the freezer and enjoy all week long. —Jane Katz
Makes enough for 5 smoothies
- 10 kale leaves, de-ribbed and roughly torn
- 5 medium-sized bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 ripe pears, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons almond butter (I like Trader Joe's Raw)
- 5 cups almond milk (I use Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla)
- 5 pinches flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Set aside 5 pint-sized zipper bags. In each bag, place 2 kale leaves, 1 banana, and 1/4 cup pear pieces.
- Keep the bags in the freezer until you are ready to use. They will last for up to one month.
- In the morning, dump the contents of 1 bag into a high-power blender and add 1 cup of almond milk and 1 tablespoon of almond butter. Add a pinch of sea salt and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Optional: To up the flavor, feel free to add any of the following to your smoothie: a dash of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and/or 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. When I have time, I add all 3 and blend!