If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As its name promises, these nuts are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. They're great with beer or just eaten out of hand, but fair warning: You may want to double the recipe. They'll be gone before you know it. —Food52
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican green chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 275° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the cashews and almonds with the oil and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, chile powder, cinnamon, and cumin. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat (or parchment) and place the nut mixture on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, tossing it three times during baking.
- As soon as the nuts come out of the oven, mix in the spices. Let them cool completely before serving (or move to an airtight container for storage).
- This recipe is a Community Pick!