If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet bell peppers with all of the salt. —Leslie Stephens
Serves: 1 pepper and salt addict
3 to 4
red bell peppers
2 to 3
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
teaspoons coarse salt
Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt, to your heart's desire
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Stem and seed the peppers, then slice them lengthwise into 8 pieces.
- Place in a roasting pan or on a sheet rack, then coat them in the olive oil and salt.
- Place them on a rack near the top of your oven. Roast for up to 1 hour, until they're extremely soft and slightly charred.
- Serve in a bowl, douse them in Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt like no one's watching, and dig in.