Author Notes: Sweet bell peppers with all of the salt. —Leslie Stephens
Serves: 1 pepper and salt addict
3 to 4
red bell peppers
2 to 3
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
teaspoons coarse salt
Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt, to your heart's desire
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Stem and seed the peppers, then slice them lengthwise into 8 pieces.
- Place in a roasting pan or on a sheet rack, then coat them in the olive oil and salt.
- Place them on a rack near the top of your oven. Roast for up to 1 hour, until they're extremely soft and slightly charred.
- Serve in a bowl, douse them in Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt like no one's watching, and dig in.