If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black chana chat is a healthy and sumptuous chat recipe that is usually eaten at breakfast or as a side dish. It is rich in iron and protein and has very low fat content as no oil is being used in its preparation. It is especially good for people who are on a weight loss diet. You can eat the chat either hot or cold as it tastes good both ways. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/black-chana-chat —Healthline
- 8 ounces black chana (Bengal gram)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup water for boiling
- Soak black chana overnite in water. Boil in 1 cup water for 15-20 minutes on medium-high heat in a pressure cooker.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add boiled chana, finely chopped tomatoes, onions, green chili, salt, and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe