If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by my mother-in-law, who is of Lebanese decent, she would serve this with lamb kabobs and homemade labneh and pita bread. Most salads would not make good leftovers, but even though the lettuce gets soggy, the tanginess of the lemony dressing makes it delicious. I recommend serving it with pita bread, so you can sop up all that tangy goodness. —Shane N Rebecca Whitlatch
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, cut vertically, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced, white parts only
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup dried mint, crumbled
- 1 cup crumbled Bulgarian feta
- 3 large lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad, place the romaine through the dried mint into a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, sumac, salt and pepper and olive oil in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Let rest 10 minutes, toss again and serve.
More Great Recipes: