cup olive or coconut oil
grams Parmesan cheese, grated
Leaves from 10 sprigs thyme
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C) and grease 6 ramekins with the butter.
- Grate the zucchini and mince the garlic and onion.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onions, garlic, and zucchini and cook for about 12 minutes, until completely softened.
- Drain the zucchini mixture in a fine mesh sieve and, using a wooden spoon, press out as much water as possible.
- Separate the eggs. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or by hand, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks until creamy. Stir in the Parmesan and thyme.
- Add the drained zucchini mixture to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites until just combined.
- Divide mixture over 6 ramekins and bake for 30 minutes, until firm, puffy, and golden brown.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!