If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1/3 cup olive or coconut oil
- 8 eggs
- 300 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- Leaves from 10 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C) and grease 6 ramekins with the butter.
- Grate the zucchini and mince the garlic and onion.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onions, garlic, and zucchini and cook for about 12 minutes, until completely softened.
- Drain the zucchini mixture in a fine mesh sieve and, using a wooden spoon, press out as much water as possible.
- Separate the eggs. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or by hand, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks until creamy. Stir in the Parmesan and thyme.
- Add the drained zucchini mixture to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites until just combined.
- Divide mixture over 6 ramekins and bake for 30 minutes, until firm, puffy, and golden brown.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!