If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite savory lassi is this salted version, which is seasoned with fresh mint leaves and a few thin slices of chile. You just mix salt, yogurt, and ice-cold water in a blender and then garnish the frothy liquid right before serving. Enjoy it with or after a spicy meal or in smaller amounts as a palate cleanser between different courses of a menu. —A Brown Table
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- A few ice cubes, for serving (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon thinly sliced Thai chile
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, julienned
- Place the yogurt, water, salt, pepper, and cumin in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust salt if desired.
- Divide the lassi into two tall chilled glasses containing a little ice, if desired. Garnish each glass with half of the chiles and mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!