If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mixed vegetable curry can be used with Rotis or Rice. It's a great dish to add color to the table and takes less than 15 minutes to cook, making it a great help for working women who have less time on their hands to serve a tasty dinner. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/mixed-vegetable-delight —Healthline
- 1 medium-sized beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-sized green Capsicum, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 inch piece of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 green chili, 2 green cardamoms, and 1 cinnamon stick ground into a fine paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, olive oil, or any vegetable oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan or Kadai at medium flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle completely. Add the chopped onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the paste that you have prepared by mixing the whole and dry spices and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- When the oil begins to leave the sides of the pan or Kadai, put the flame on simmer and add the powdered spices one after another. Mix thoroughly to blend with the paste and the oil for a minute. Take care not to burn the spices by maintaining a very low flame.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes and blend in nicely until tomatoes are soft and oil starts separating from mixture (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add all the chopped and diced vegetables one after another and mix thoroughly to coat with the spices and tomato paste in the pan.
- Leave the pan covered with an airtight lid to enable cooking of vegetables in steam. After 5 to 6 minutes, remove the lid and mix the vegetables nicely. You can add water at this stage, then mix well, cover, and cook for another 2 minutes. Shut the flame off and serve hot with Rotis or Rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe