If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you haven’t tried making a salad that’s absolutely brimming with fresh herbs, let us be the first to tell you how delicious it can be. —CAVA
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 heads little gem or bibb lettuce, rinsed
- 3/4 cup quinoa tabouleh
- 1/2 cup each of fresh mint and basil leaves
- 1/2 cup each of chopped dill and snipped chives
- For vinaigrette: Whisk harissa and sherry vinegar together. Gradually add canola oil a few drops at a time, whisking constantly. Add olive oil a drizzle at a time, continuing to whisk and emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, combine crabmeat with shallot, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and carefully toss to combine.
- In a large serving bowl, toss lettuce with fresh herbs and enough vinaigrette to delicately coat the greens (about ½ cup).
- Carefully fold in crab mixture and serve with fresh lemon wedges and extra vinaigrette on the side.