If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love tzatziki sauce, but my kids don't completely share my enthusiasm. I made this for them. It's tasty and they love it. —Leith Devine
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups greek yogurt
- 1 english cucumber, chopped and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced (app. 2-3 TB)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
- Chop the cucumber and place in a paper towel lined strainer over the sink. Sprinkle with salt and let drain for 1/2 hour. Draining the cucumbers will keep the tzatziki sauce from becoming watery.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, cucumbers, lemon juice, garlic, dill or mint, and salt and pepper to taste. This is the completed tzatziki sauce.
- To make ranch tzatziki sauce, put sauce in the food processor and process until smooth. Add mayonnaise, milk and ranch dressing packet and pulse until combined. Refrigerate until thickened.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe