If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had this in a Turkish sandwich bar in Italy and have made it at home many times since. The recipe is easy, but don't be fooled, because the flavor combination is delicious. —Leith Devine
- 1 piece lavash bread
- 6-8 turkey slices, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon best quality salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon za'atar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 handful arugula
- Spread lavash bread with either salted butter or cream cheese as desired. Sprinkle with za'tar.
- Add turkey, covering the lavash but leaving an inch around the edges. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with walnuts. Cover with arugula.
- Roll up lavash as tightly as possible and cut in half diagonally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe