If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite, no fuss, meal to make for a small gathering. Serve it with chucks of bread, chopped salad and Tahini. —Siobhan
- 4 pieces (fillet, or steaks) of any white fish
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 10 cloves whole garlic plus two cloves minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the fish, cilantro, and lemon juice in a deep pan or saucepan and let simmer for an hour over low heat. If the sauce reduces too much add water as needed.
- Once the sauce has simmered for 30min, sprinkle the fish with salt and lemon juice.
- Once sauce is done, add fish fillets to the sauce and cover the pan. Depending on how think the fish is , flip the fish once to ensure it cooks evenly. Check often for doneness, you should be able to pierce the fish easily with a fork.
- Once fish is done, mix cilantro into sauce. Serve while hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe