If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The bright flavor of oven roasted plum tomatoes with fresh queso fresco and cilantro is a perfect summertime side dish! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
assorted plum tomatoes (4 red and 4 yellow)
tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
cup queso fresco
tablespoons resh finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400º F.
- To prep the tomatoes, cut out the stem and the small dry spot at the bottom of the fruit with a tomato knife. Next cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Lightly brush a cookie sheet with olive oil and then arrange the tomatoes on the sheet with the seed side up. Using basting brush, brush over the top of each tomato with olive oil.
- Bake in a 400º F oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until most of the juice has evaporated off of the fruit.
- Serve hot with 1/3 C of queso fresco and 2 Tbsp cilantro sprinkled on top.