If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and delicious granola with a dulce de leche touch! You can use your favorite nuts or combine them to give the granola more variety. —Devorak Amadeo
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans or unsalted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dulce de leche
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a bowl combine the oats nuts and shredded coconut. Pour over the ⅓ cup of coconut oil.
- In a medium skillet barely heat the tablespoon of coconut oil with the maple syrup, dulce de leche, cinnamon, ginger and salt, between 20 to 30 seconds of sizzling. Pour the mix over the oats and combine well, until everything seem coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread well.
- Bake for 25 minutes total, moving and spreading the granola every 10 minutes, and lowering the oven temperature to 275° the second time you take out the granola for its last 5 minutes of baking.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container. It should be good and crunchy for 2 to 3 months.