If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love fennel. I would shout it from the mountaintop if I could. It's magical. My husband would disagree.
This is one of my favorite simple salads. Inspired by one of my favorite Italian restaurants near Columbia University (if I could actually remember the name I'd check to see if it was still there) in NYC, I could eat bowls and bowls of it (and I did while pregnant and nauseous for nine months).
It's a breeze to prepare. So easy that there's no real recipe - just a beautiful melange of ingredients thrown together willy-nilly. The balsamic vinegar transforms the fennel's strong licorice flavor into something milder (again, my husband will disagree, but what does he know?) —clcatto
- 1 Fennel bulb
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Shaved parmesan
- Dash of good quality olive oil
- Prepare the fennel by separating the bulb from the stem. Wash in cool water. Slice off the end.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb (or chop it - whatever tickles your fancy)
- Toss with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste (I prefer more vinegar than oil)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and shaved parmesan
- Feel free to consume the entire bowl by yourself!