If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is lemony, moist and light thanks to the greek yoghurt. The poppy seeds add a nice crunch to it and the candied lemons make the perfect topping for an extra lemon kick. The ideal companion for your afternoon tea. —Charlotte I The Fox + The Knife
- 200 grams flour (approx 1 3/5 cup)
- 150 grams brown sugar (approx 3/4 cup)
- 100 grams butter (approx 1/2 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 3 organic lemons
- 125 grams greek yoghurt (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1 organic lemon, sliced
- 200 grams sugar (approx 1 cup)
- 400 milliliters water (approx 1 3/4 cups)
- Preheat your oven at 350°F
- Wash and dry the lemons. Finely grate their zest, and squeeze their juice.
- Melt the butter in a cup and let it cool. In a jar, whisk together the eggs with the sugar. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and melted butter.
- Add the greek yoghurt, the lemon juice and the zests. Finally, add the poppy seeds and mix well.
- Pour into a cake mould and bake for 40 - 45 min. The cake should be soft inside and golden outside. Let it cool on a rack.
- Make the candied lemons : bring to boil the water and the sugar in a pot. Add the lemon slices and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with the candied lemons before serving.