If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best part about this recipe is not that it's so simple, quick to make, healthy, and beautiful. What makes it really stand out is the Pecorino cheese. By julienning the Pecorino to the same size as the zucchini, it makes it possible to evenly distribute to every bite and brings this whole dish together.
If you happen to have a julienne peeler, it will really perfect the texture of this dish.
The most important thing when making fresh, seasonal, produce-driven recipes is to remember that you know your ingredients better than anyone else. Use your judgement to make this your own. Your tomatoes might be sweeter than ours. Your cheese might be saltier. Your zucchini might be a different size. Adjust as needed until it tastes great! —The Leftover Chefs
- 2 large Zucchini, approximately 1/2#, julienned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xtra-Virgin Olive Oil, enough to coat
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar, enough to coat
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, julienned
- 1 Thai Chile, thinly sliced
- 1 handful Sun Gold Tomatoes, a mixture of halved and quartered
- 1 sprig Fresh Basil, picked leaves for garnish
- Maldon Salt (or some type of flake salt) & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, olive oil, and white balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat.
- Add the Pecorino Cheese, Thai Chile, and Cherry Tomatoes and toss lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash