If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Never buy deli potato salad again! —garlic and zest
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5-6 slices bacon
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- I like to cook bacon in the oven because there's no splatter and it yields a perfect strip of crispy pork. To do it in the oven, preheat to 400 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on top of the cookie sheet. Lay the bacon on the wire rack and cook for about 20-23 minutes until crisped.
- Cut the potatoes into 1" pieces (no need to peel them). Fill a large pot halfway with water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. When the water boils, add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Carefully add the eggs and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon remove the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle the hot potatoes with vinegar and toss to coat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for another 5 minutes. Then remove them from the water and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, kosher salt, black pepper and smoked paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add the celery, onion, scallions and bacon to the potatoes. Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the potatoes. Toss gently. Add the dressing to the potatoes and toss to combine. Sprinkle with a little extra paprika and the parsley. Serve.