If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fish Tacos with Peach and Nardello Pepper Slaw are balanced with heat as well as smoky, sweet, and tangy flavors. It’s a light dish that’s heavy on flavor! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 pound tilapia
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
Peach and Nardello Pepper Slaw
- 2 cups ardello sweet red peppers, cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups savory cabbage (the crinkly kind) cut into shreds
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 8 medium tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Cut your nardello peppers into 1/4 inch rings and pop the seeds out from the centers with your thumb. Sauté them in a skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until they are soft, and then set them aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, ancho chili powder, paprika, and salt into a paste. Line a baking sheet with foil (to save on dishes of course), and lightly oil it with 1/4 tsp of olive oil. Using your fingers, massage the paste onto all sides of your tilapia, and then place them on the lined cookie sheet. Bake at 425ºF for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, make the Peach and Nardello pepper Slaw. In a medium bowl whisk together the greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Shred the cabbage and dice the peaches and onions. Add them, along with the cooled sautéed nardello peppers to the bowl and stir to evenly coat with the dressing.
- Once the fish is done cooking, flake it apart using a fork.
- To assemble your tacos, place tilapia topped with your slaw inside tortillas and serve immediately.