Author Notes: I really can't remember where this came from, but my family always made this when the bountiful crops of Zuchini came in summer. It's so simple. —Picholine
tablespoons Olive Oil
teaspoon Crushed red pepper
15oz can diced tomatoes
cup Parmesan cheese, grated
pound Browned ground sirloin (optional)
- Sauté garlic and crushed red pepper in olive oil till fragrant then add thinly sliced rounds of Zuchini and sauté for about five minutes browning a little.
- Add a can of diced tomatos and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the half cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the cooked Zuchini and continue to cook on low until cheese has melted . Then serve.
- Optional : for a one pan meal with meat brown a pound of ground sirloin seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner