If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At only 20 calories per cup making 'pasta' out of vegetables is a perfect substitute. Zucchini & yellow squash zoodles with pesto is missing the carbs without missing the flavor! —Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy
- 3 zucchini (medium)
- 2 Yellow Squash (medium)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup almond, walnut, or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- Combine all pesto ingredients together in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until all ingredients are pulverized.
- Using a vegetable spiraler, spiral the zucchini and yellow squash. Blot spiraled noodles with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a large skillet combine chicken broth, white wine, butter, 1/3 cup pesto, and sliced tomatoes over medium heat.
- When broth has come to a boil, add spiraled noodles and cook for about 1 minute. Do not over cook or noodles will become mushy.
- Place "noodles" in a low, flat bowl with a small amount of broth. Serve with a few slices of fresh mozzarella and salt & pepper to taste.