If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My brother's recipe for pesto. I've made this every summer when the garden is teaming with fresh basil. I freshly pick and using fresh pulled garlic it's just perfect. —Picholine
Makes one cup approximately
- 2 cups Freshly picked Basil
- 5-10 Garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup Toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor add garlic cloves and process until minced. Next add the fresh basil, pine nuts and cheeses.
- Tun on food processor and add olive oil slowly and process til the the pesto resembles a mayonnaise consistency.
- Spread into a storage container or two you can freeze the second container for later use. Pour some olive oil on top to preserve the color.
- This usually makes about a cup. I use about a half cup of pesto for each pound of pasta. It will keep in the fridge for a week. I often use it in tomato based sauces, add to anything you want a basil flavor to.