If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sauce is extremely robust! Very flavorful and impressive for a crowd. This pairs really nicely with grilled shrimp or chicken on top. —ADRIENE
- 1 yellow onion (small dice)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 fennel bulb (small dice)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted kalamata olives (rough chop)
- 3/4 cup capers (rinsed in water)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts (rough chop)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 pounds spaghetti noodles
- Pour the olive in a large pot and get hot. Add the onions and sugar, cook for 15 minutes.
- Now add the diced fennel and cook for another 10-15 minutes until light caramelization.
- Add the minced garlic, anchovy paste, and chili flakes. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Now add the capers, olives, and artichokes, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cover loosely with the lid.
- Cook for 1 hour. Adjust salt and pepper and add the parsley. Cook your pasta in boiling water and drain. Serve the sauce over the pasta with freshly grated Romano cheese or whichever you prefer. Enjoy!