If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A versatile chutney, this can be used as a marinade for a barbecue chicken, used sparingly to dress a salad, or as a dipping sauce for a spicy samosa. One of my most favorite ways to use it is to make a two-layer sandwich using three slices of bread, one with butter and this chutney, another with pastrami. —Sumayya Usmani
Makes 1 cup
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 green chile
- 1 teaspoon dry-roasted cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with 1/4 cup of water until it reaches a smooth paste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
More Great Recipes: