If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fast recipe- best for long nights spent working in the garden until dusk and you need to use-up the never ending zucchini . The base of microwave-prepared Alfredo sauce keeps the recipe fast and simple. —Zoe
Microwave Alfredo Sauce
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-proof bowl and whisk with a small whisk or fork until evenly combined
- Microwave in 45 second intervals until the sauce has thickened substantially
Zuchini Ribbon Tart with Sage and Microwave Alfredo Sauce
- 1 medium zuchini
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Microwave Alfredo Sauce
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Let the puff pastry thaw and preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (or 400 on convection).
- Using either a vegetable peeler or mandolin, make ribbons out of the zucchini.
- Spread the Microwave Alfredo Sauce over the puff pastry sheet- leaving about 1 cm around the edge for a crust.
- Add the zucchini ribbons. Try to keep the ribbons from laying flat on the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the thinly sliced onion over the top and add the sage leaves.
- Bake the tart in the lower portion of the oven. This will keep the crust flaky under all of the wet ingredients.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is puffed and golden-brown. The zucchini and onions should get caramelized edges. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash