Author Notes: The secret to this delicious pasta is the garlic infused olive oil and the raw garlic added into the hot pasta, which adds a bit of bite to every mouthful! This is a technique I found from a magazine recipe (I can't find that recipe anymore and don't remember the magazine name). The garlic from both the oil and the raw garlic is delicious with every bite of pasta! —Sarah D
Roasted Vegetables and Sausage
Eggplant, diced into 1/2" cubes
Zucchini, diced into 1/2" cubes
Summer squash, diced into 1/2" cubes
cup Olive oil
cup Pepper flakes
Sausage links of your choice
Salt and Pepper
Pasta and garlic infused olive oil
pound Pasta of your choice
cup cloves of garlic, minced and divided into 1/3 cup and 1/3 cup
cup Olive oil
cup of pasta water from the cooked pasta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place vegetables on a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle olive oil and red pepper flakes over vegetables. Add salt and pepper until the vegetables are well seasoned and place in oven for 25 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, also cook the sausage links in the oven until fully cooked (it usually takes about 20 minutes). I usually choose a spicy chicken sausage. Rest sausage for about five minutes and then slice into small bite sized pieces.
- While vegetables and sausages are roasting in the oven, prepare your favorite pasta according to the instructions on the package. I love linguine!
- After pasta is cooked, reserve one cup of pasta water and drain the rest of the pasta. Set the pasta aside.
- Place the 1/3 cup of minced garlic and 1/3 cup of olive oil in a sauce pan and simmer on LOW HEAT for about 2 minutes, until olive oil is slowly bubbling. DO NOT over cook the garlic because this will cause the olive oil to have a burnt taste.
- After vegetables are fully cooked, mix the pasta, sausage, 1 cup of reserved pasta water, garlic with infused olive oil, and the 1/3 cup of raw garlic with the roasted vegetables.
- Grate parmesan cheese over the pasta and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash