Author Notes: Zucchini brownies with cashews, dark chocolate and natural cocoa —adinab
ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
tablespoon vanilla sugar
ounces all-purpose flour
teaspoons natural cocoa powder, heaped
teaspoon baking powder, heaped
chocolate chips, optional
icing sugar, optional
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a brownie pan (mine is 22 x 24 cm/ 8.6 x 9.5 inches) with baking paper.
- Grate the zucchini and roughly chop the cashews.
- Place the butter and the roughly chopped chocolate into a small pan and heat gently until melted. Do not let boil. Leave to cool for a few minutes while preparing the rest.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and whisk up with a hand-held mixer until frothy.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and give over the egg mixture. Incorporate and add the butter-chocolate mixture. Add the zucchini and the cashews and incorporate everything. You can add some chocolate chips here if you like.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven and also the size of the pan. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out still a little moist. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar if desired.
- They keep well in an airtight container for several days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash