If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious yummy fresh vegetables made into a stuffing with ground chicken. They say you eat with your eyes and this dish proves it! So feast your eyes on this beautiful dish while you feed your soul! —Teresa Stotler de Boer
- 2 Large Large Yellow Zucchinis (about 10 inches long)
- 1/2 pound ground chicken white meat
- 1/2 pound ground chicken dark meat
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato chopped
- 2 cups Italian bread cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint minced
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese (I used the 4 cheese blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut Zucchini's length wise in half, scoop out just the middle (set scoop out zucchini aside), Place Zucchini skins in a large baking dish, Drizzle Zucchini skins with olive oil then rub oil on both sides. (If the zucchini is not laying flat in the pan, trim some of the skin on the under side). sprinkle with salt
- In a large pan brown the ground chicken, salt and pepper. When chicken is cooked thru add the chicken broth, basil, mint and chopped bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini that you scooped out and cook 5 more minutes
- In a large bowl add cubed bread, Parmesan Cheese, chopped tomato, and warm mixture of chicken, peppers and zucchini.
- Stir until well blended
- Fill the zucchini skins with mixture and top with shredded cheese
- Place in hot oven and cook for 20 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash