If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turning a guilty pleasure into something healthy and equally as satisfying. —Jenn Whaley Hillier
- 1 cup cooked black lentils (over cook your lentils. you want these entirely mushy)
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 tablespoons room temperature water
- assorted vegetables for serving
- Grind cooked lentils in your food processor
- Add lime juice. Add a pinch of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Grind to blend
- Add olive oil a little at a time, along with water, grinding as you incorporate. Make sure you watch the consistency. You want a dip-like consistency... not too runny nor too dry!
- Continue to add olive oil and water until desired consistency
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper
- Serve with a variety of crunchy vegetables