If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lower in added sugars than many traditional zucchini breads, this recipe incorporates unsweetened cocoa, which has many health-boosting flavonoids, and whole-wheat flour.
To make it even healthier, swap out the coconut oil for canola or olive oil for less saturated fat, something the American Diabetes Association recommends limiting. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/diabetic-friendly-double-chocolate-banana-zucchini-bread —Healthline
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature OR olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar, Swerve, or prefered sweetner
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat or non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix until there are no clumps of cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes. The mixture will resemble wet sand.
- Add the eggs into the sugar and oil mixture, one at a time. Beat each egg until it is incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until just combined. Now add in the banana, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and grated zucchini. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. When a toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready.
- Slice into 14 pieces for portion control.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash