If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great recipe if you have leftover veggies of all sorts that you want to combine into a delicious brunch dish. The base is a layer of thinly sliced potatoes that serves as a hearty vessel for this wonderful vegetarian delight! —Dee
- 6-8 eggs (depends on how thick you want the frittata to be)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large thinly sliced potato (use a mandoline)
- 1/2 cup freshly diced tomatos (canned works too)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese, you're pick! (crumbled goat cheese works too)
- Prepare egg batter using recipe listed, mix well until all is incorporated. The thin or thickness of the batter can be adjusted by the amount of eggs you use. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, saving the other half for the topping.
- Prepare filling by slicing potatoes and squash/zucchini using a mandoline. You can fry/brown the potatoes beforehand, but if sliced thin enough it is not necessary.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of well oiled baking dish making sure to overlap one another. Next, place diced onion and tomatoe mix over it and fan out the zucchini on top overlapping each one to create a spiral. Carefully pour egg batter into dish, making sure not to disturb the layers. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30min depending on depth of dish. Let cool and serve with a side salad. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash