If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: sort of a pasta-and-meat-free lasagna —stephen
plum(or whatever) tomatoes
ounces grated parmesan cheese or romano or grand padano. in these photos i used a store bought pre-grated blend of mozzarella, swiss, parmesan and provalone.
teaspoon all purpose flour
teaspoon chili flakes
- slice zucchini(lengthwise), tomatoes and onion on a mandoline. about the thickness of a penny.
- toss the zucchini in the flour. this helps absorb the liquid produced while baking.
- alternately layer the zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese in an 8X8X2 overproof dish. a loaf pan works too.
- season each layer with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. as much or as little as you like. adjust the salt to the saltiness of the cheese.
- repeat until the dish is full or you are out of ingredients. make sure to end with a layer of cheese.
- lightly sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs
- drizzle with olive oil
- bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 F or until zucchini is soft and top is golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash