Author Notes: sort of a pasta-and-meat-free lasagna —stephen
plum(or whatever) tomatoes
ounces grated parmesan cheese or romano or grand padano. in these photos i used a store bought pre-grated blend of mozzarella, swiss, parmesan and provalone.
teaspoon all purpose flour
teaspoon chili flakes
In This Recipe
- slice zucchini(lengthwise), tomatoes and onion on a mandoline. about the thickness of a penny.
- toss the zucchini in the flour. this helps absorb the liquid produced while baking.
- alternately layer the zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese in an 8X8X2 overproof dish. a loaf pan works too.
- season each layer with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. as much or as little as you like. adjust the salt to the saltiness of the cheese.
- repeat until the dish is full or you are out of ingredients. make sure to end with a layer of cheese.
- lightly sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs
- drizzle with olive oil
- bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 F or until zucchini is soft and top is golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash