If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of those cakes that just makes everyone happy. Easy, one bowl and it just so happens to be vegan. —Colleen Stem
Serves as many as you want
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat (can replace with AP if you want)
- 1 cup suagr
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup veggie or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and sugar. Then add in the oil, vanilla and coffee. Add in the zucchini, but right before, give it a squeeze to remove some of the liquid. (don't got crazy, just get a little liquid out). Mix until incorporated.
- Oil a 9 inch cake pan and pour in the batter. If you want, use zucchini skin to make a pretty design on top (completely optional), and place into preheated oven. Bake for about 35-40 minuted, or until a tester stabbed in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for at least 5 minutes the gently invert pan to remove cake and place on a rack to cool. Serve as soon as you want.. Place in mouth, chew, and swallow…..Smile!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash