If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe utilizes the best of your summer garden: Zucchini, Tomatoes and all the greens you can fit in your food processor! Bright, snappy shrimp and lemon bring this together for a pizza that's elegant enough for guests but best served with an icy glass of Prosecco and your own front porch.
Note: The baking instructions are for a baking sheet; however using your own pizza stone/instructions is fine as well. —Anne
- 1 handful cilantro, stems removed
- 1 handful parsley, stems removed
- 1 scallion, diced green & white parts
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves, garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white or whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour for rolling and fouring the dough
- 10 ounces Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, deveined & tails off
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large zucchini
- 5 mini heirloom tomatoes (2 large heirloom tomatoes)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro, stems removed (for serving)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (for serving)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350.
- Make Pesto: In a food processor, blend all Herb Pesto ingredients except for oil until a paste forms.
- Slowly stream in oil until pesto comes together. Adjust oil to preference (i.e. a more oily or dry pesto).
- Taste here, add salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Gently saute shrimp, turning until opaque (about 3-5 minutes).
- Prepare vegetables: Depending on the size of your zucchini, slice into rounds (if small), half-moons (if medium), quarter-moons (if large). Slice tomatoes into rounds (small) or half-moons (if large).
- Assemble pizza: Line a rectangular baking sheet with a Silpat (or lightly oil a circular baking sheet). Flouring hands and board, roll dough to fit sheet, about 1/2" thickness all around.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread pesto evenly over entire pizza. Sprinkle cheese over entire pizza.
- Next layer on zucchini, tomatoes and cooked shrimp, creating rows or sprinkling on toppings as you see fit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly. Slice into thick squares (or triangles depending on baking sheet).
- When serving, sprinkle fresh cilantro and drizzle lemon juice over pie. Serves 8.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash