If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe from Four & Twenty Blackbirds. —Food52
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon (420 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (260 grams) whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons (22 1/2 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons (180 grams) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (190 grams) oil
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon (310 grams) molasses
- 2 cups milk
- 7 tablespoons (65 grams) sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons (20 grams) flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) poppy seeds
- Combine all dry ingredients except for seeds and nuts. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and molasses and mix well. Mix dry ingredients and milk into egg mixture using dry-wet-dry-wet-dry combo. Add seeds and nuts. Pour into buttered loaf pans. Bake at 300°F for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!