If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious treat that I snuck zucchini in for my children, that has a sweet lemon glaze and goes perfect with my morning coffee.
light and full of lemony goodness,
but were just the right amount of sweetness,
with a slight hint of cinnamon!
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or paper-line muffin cups. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, lemon zest in a large bowl; Combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Mix until well combined. Add zucchini, stirring again, until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, 2/3 of the way up. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan, and place on rack to cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk in small bowl, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffins.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash